Saiba mais sobre Firestone TPO system
The membrane system is the fastest growing segment in the commercial and industrial roof industry worldwide. In this sector, we can highlight TPO membranes, a polyolefin thermoplastic that is installed on existing roofs or as the roof itself, on a metal deck, OSB, or any other material.
TPO membrane system is a heat-weldable thermoplastic. It is fast to install and, because its joints are welded by robots, it is made into a monolithic surface, without possibility of water penetration into the building. In white color, it has high reflectivity, which dramatically reduces interior temperature. It is not attacked by solar radiation or chemicals and has a service life of about 50 years without maintenance.
The system is approved by U.S. agencies, ENERGY STAR®-rated, Cool Roof Rating Council, (CRRC)-certified, and Factory Mutual Approved, in addition to being directly responsible for reducing electricity costs for air conditioning.
TPO membrane system is formulated with flame retardant and is based on advanced polymerization technology that combines durability and weather resistance. The membrane is specifically formulated to survive long periods of inclement weather without using liquid or polymeric plasticizers.
Because it is plasticizer-free, it is not burned by sun rays, like PCV, EPDM, and other membranes.
The physical strength of the membrane is increased by the inclusion of encapsulated polyester fabric between the two layers that form the membrane, thus increasing tear strength, tear resistance, and puncture resistance.
Membranes are offered in various thicknesses and in rolls of various widths.
Main advantages include:
- Puncture resistance;
- Totally chlorine-free and does not contain halogenated flame retardants;
- Excellent resistance to low temperatures;
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases, and gas emission from restaurants;
- Exceptional resistance to solar radiation, ozone, and oxidants;
- Very low permeability to water vapor and low absolution;
- Polyester reinforcement is resistant to degradation by bacteria, mold, and fungi;
- The membrane is 100% recyclable;
- The systems come with 15, 20, or 30-year warranty for material and workmanship.
- They can be found in various colors and thicknesses. Rolls up to 3.66 meters wide by 30.48 meters long are offered, which allows fast and effective installation of this roofing system.